The Church and Brotherhood of All Saints preserves the oldest town traditions. The Church was built at the beginning of the 15th century in place of an older church (10th c/13th c.), which was the first cathedral of the bishop (1300); the oldest Korčula confraternity – All Saints or the Confraternity of Good Death – was founded there in 1301. Icons from the Greek island of Crete are exhibited in the Icon Collection.
Korčula galleys took part in the war between Venice and the Turks for the island of Crete (Candia wars). The war ended with the defeat of Venice and the general evacuation of the Venetian garrison, administration and priests from the island. These valuable icons were brought to Korčula by the returning galleys.
Opposite the church entrance, there is the entrance to the house of the Confraternity of All Saints. The reliefs above the entrance door depict the brothers of this confraternity from 1301. The photos are a reminder of the annual gatherings and processions of the brothers.
Source: Korcula Tourist Board