Church of St. Nicholas

Wonderful collection of religious art

Pinakotheca of the St. Nicholas Parish church in Cavtat was founded in 1952. This valuable collection of paintings, sculptures and church liturgical vessels is located in the house next to the Parish house. Among many valuable Works of art stand out the icon of St.Nicholas, an alabaster relief of the St. John’s head, an icon of St. Nicholas, all from 15th c., as well as St. Sebastian painted by Benedetto Genarri, baroque painter of the Bologna school and art works of Sicilian painter Carmelo Reggio (18/19 c.) and great Croatian painter Vlaho Bukovac (19/20 c.).

Source: Cavtat Tourist Board

Cavtat Dubrovnik-Neretva County HR
Get directions